Arlinx IP Platform wins top honor at the 2007 Internet Telephony Conference and Expo
Editor' Choice Best of Show Award.
(Best of the Best of Show)
Security & Media Processing IP Platforms
Certified Cryptographic Storage,
and Turbo Media Processors (voice & video)
IP Security, IP Telephony, IP Video
Uses 98% Less Electricity (6 Watts vs. 300 Watts)
No Battery, Long Life Cycle, Recyclable,
Environmentally Benign Manufacturing,
Best Performance per Watt in the Industry
Uses latest high performance, energy efficient
The Arlinx Platform is propelled by a next-generation integrated communications
processor using System-on-Chip (SoC) and IBM's Power Architecture. As a bonus it has such an amazing performance/wattage ratio requiring
only 6 watts to power the motherboard.
and very dependable technology.
- System on a Chip Power PC Processor
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM with 8 bit ECC supported natively by Linux kernel.
- 16 MB Permanent Non-Writable NAND Flash for Uboot
- 64 MB (128MB optional) NAND Flash for Linux OS and General Purpose Storage
- CompactFlash Slot for additional Storage
- 2 GigE Ethernet Ports, 2 Fiber connectors and 2 Copper
- Fiber supported natively by Linux kernel
- 4 USB 2.0 ports, 480 Mbs, 3 Host, 1 Device
- Serial Ports
- 2 Full Length PCI slots in 1U chassis.
- Mini-ITX form factor (modified)
- Edge Connector for Local Bus Expansion
- Edge Connector for Dual PCI riser
- 85o C. Operating Temperature (estimated)
- Single +5VDC Power Supply
- Much better alternative to Commercial Grade PC
- Ultra-Secure with Certified Crypto Storage
- Hardware Encryption Accelerator
- IP Optimized Communications SoC Processor
- Low Voltage 64 bit DDR2 RAM with 8 bits ECC for energy efficiency and reliability
- Extended Temperature Range (-40oC - +85o C)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet for Speedy Throughput
- Amazing Performance per Watt
- Engineered to Last with a 20 year life cycle
Commercial Grade PC vs. Reliable Linux Platform
The Arlinx Linux Platform is a great alternative to a commercial grade PC.
The Arlinx Platform is Military grade with a 20 year life cycle and an operating
temperature range of -40oC - +85oC.
Resellers, Integrators, and OEM's that offer a product on a Linux platform
should seriously consider adding the Arlinx Platform to their product line. A
commercial grade PC is designed and manufactured for a very price competitive
market where reliability suffers. With the Arlinx Platform you can offer your customers the choice of
your current PC based product and the Arlinx high reliability solution.
For the end user the Arlinx Platform offers an unprecedented low Total Cost of
Ownership. While costing more up front it will pay for itself with savings from
electricity, air conditioning, battery backup, maintenance and repair, and
expensive cooled server racks.
The Arlinx Platform also
includes features not on a PC such as hardware encryption, cryptographic
storage, and media processors.
For a reseller or integrators the advantages include competitive advantage, reputation,
customer satisfaction, lower warranty costs, lower overhead expenses, repeat business,
and higher profit margins.
An Open and Stable Platform
Competition in the PC market consequently creates instability. Any model PC
will have a short market life and will soon be replaced by a newer model. For
the reseller or integrator this presents a problem. Once you get your product
running well on a commercial model that model may be soon discontinued. The
replacement model may introduce problematic failures.
Arlinx is committed to market stability. It is our policy to make any platform
revision available for a period of 5 years.
Encryption and Authentication
With a hardware encryption accelerator and a certified crypto storage module, Arlinx
is prepared for the emerging VoIP and IMS security standards. Hardware encryption accelerator
minimizes throughput latency. Crypto Storage secures Authentication Keys and
Digital Certificates. Digital certificates can be used after authentication to
digitally sign messages and media in order to prevent tampering along the transmission path.
Lowest Life Cycle Cost in the Industry
- Energy Efficient, less battery backup
- Lower Air Conditioning (low operating cost)
- Lower Maintenance (no fans, no dust, no moving parts)
- Designed for 20 year life cycle
- Redundancy and Reliability = Less Downtime, Less Maintenance
- High Virus and Malware Immunity (less maintenance)
- Strong Authentication
- Secure (less Administration)
Less Watts, Less Heat, More Reliability
All Arlinx system components were carefully chosen to minimize power consumption
and heat generation. Total board level power budget is just 6 Watts (without PCI option).
Has the Industries Highest performance per Watt and can exceed the processing power
of an Intel x86 server. The low heat and no moving parts
greatly increases overall system reliability.
The low energy requirements saves a phenomenal amount of electricity. According
to the U.S. Dept. of Energy the savings in electricity (about $1000/year) will provide
a high Return on Investment and the Lowest Lifecyle Cost in the Industry.
Voice and Video Turbo Media Processors (Future Option)
The on-board Arlinx Turbo Media Processor executes the computational intensive tasks
such as compression, transcoding, and media content analytics. This greatly reduces
the computational load of the SoC CPU. The Telephony Platform is voice optimized
and the IP Video Platform is video optimized.
The Arlinx Platform is very strong in Operations, Administration,
Maintenance and Provisioning with built-in Network Management.
Strong Security and Authentication with protected memory for OEM codes, keys and
Save $12,000.00 on Electricity over 5 Years
According to the Technical Spec Datasheet for one of Intel's Dual Xeon general
purpose server motherboards (Model SE7520BD2) the motherboard alone can consume
511 Watts of electricity. Based on the US Dept. of Energy's cost of electricity
in the US, the cost of air conditioning and battery backup the Arlinx IP Elite
Platform, on average, will save $12,303.57 in 5 years when compared to just the Intel
Read the 5 year cost analysis
Redundant Flash Memory is used instead of a hard drive for silent and reliable performance.
Upgrades can be safely maintained with Authentication security. Maintenance
upgrades are loaded in to the standby flash drive, then verified and authenticated
before system operation is switched over to the updated flash drive.
If any problem including power or communications failure is encountered during an upgrade, the
system will not switch over to the updated flash drive and operation will continue
on the current operational flash drive.
System on a Chip (SoC)
The SoC architecture means greatly
reduced CPU overhead and no off chip I/O communications with external
controllers. By reducing off chip I/O, program execution speed
increases, power consumption is reduced, and system bus traffic is minimized.
Mini-ITX in 1U Chassis
The Arlinx Platform's system board form factor is mini-ITX. The board
is housed in a 1U chassis with dual power supplies and two full length and height PCI
slots. There are no fans or any moving parts. The low heat and no moving parts
greatly increases overall system reliability.
IBM's Power Architecture and Linux
The SoC embedded CPU core is based on IBM's Power Architecture. Our IP Elite
Platform is not a general purpose PC and uses a security hardened embedded Linux instead of
a general Linux distribution. It does not execute Intel x86 or Microsoft Windows code
eliminating virus, spyware and other malevolent vulnerabilities.
Secure, Cost Effective, Industrial Strength
For about the same cost of an Intel Server you can have a higher
performance, ultra reliable and secure Linux system with dual
gigabit Ethernet ports. There are two fiber optic and two copper connectors. Any
two of the four fiber and copper ports may be used simultaneously.
The top engineering criteria of our system design is reliability, security, and
performance. We use fewer and low power components, redundant power supply, and
utilize error detection and correction circuitry.
Initial Price vs. Life Cycle Cost
There are many products that have a higher initial price but offer a clear savings
when operating cost and the life cycle of the product is considered. A simple example
of Initial Price vs. Life Cycle Cost (LC Cost) is the light bulb.
Based on 10,000 hours operation at $0.15 per KiloWatt
|Type||Brightness||Power||Life Cycle||Price||LC Cost
|Incandescent||840 lumens||60 Watts||1,000 hrs.||$1.49||$154.90
|Fluorescent||840 lumens||15 Watts||10,000 hrs.||$7.99||$35.49
The above LC Cost does not include overhead, lost productivity, and special
circumstance costs. In a medium sized organization the light bulb
replacement procedure may go something like this.
This example would be much more complex for computer equipment and would invove
the IT Department. Cost would be higher requiring capital expense procedures
with higher level authorizastions slowing the process.
- Project Designer's office light bulb burns out
- Designer gets workorder Requisition from Project Manager
- Designer fills out Requisition
- Project Manager approves Requisition
- Requisition put in inter-office Mail to Maintenance Dept.
- Maintenance Secretary Sorts incoming mail
- Maintenance Mangers receives Requisition
- Maintenance verifies account codes and authorization with Accounting
- Workorder assigned to Maintenance worker
- Maintenance worker creates stockroom inventory requisition
- Stockroom verifies authorization with Accounting
- Required light bulb is not in stock
- Stockroom Clerk creates purchase Requisition
- Stockroom Manager Signs off on purchase
- Purchase Requisition sent to Purchasing Dept.
- Purchasing verifies authorization with Accounting
- Purchasing Dept. creates Purchase Order
- Purchase Order transmitted to Supplier
- Light Bulbs delivered two days later
- Receiving Dept. logs new light bulb delivery
- Light bulb transferred to stockroom
- Stockroom log light bulb into inventory
- Stockroom creates inventory transfer to Maintenance Dept.
- Stockroom delivers to Maintenance Dept.
- Maintenance worker installs light bulb
- Maintenance Dept. Bills Project for Light Bulb, Labor, and Overhead
Life Cycle Cost is more complex for computer equipment. Even Initial Cost can
be more than
- Immune to All Know Viruses and Spyware
- Security Hardened Embedded Linux OS
- Operating System is Read Only Eliminating Spyware & Viruses
- No Intel x86 Code, Rendering Malware Ineffective
- Not a PC, No Microsoft, No Keyboard, No Video Monitor
- Advanced Performance
- System-on-Chip architecture
- Turbo Media Processor
- Industries Highest Computational Performance per Watt
- Dual Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Controllers
- Integrated Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Controllers
- Integrated Encryption Engine
- Integrated DDR RAM Controller
- 64 Bit DDR2 RAM Data Bus with 8 bits ECC
- Over 1 Billion Instructions per Second
- Optional Full Length PCI slot
- Ultra High Reliability
- Low System Power, 6 Watts
- No Fans, No Filters, No PM
- Compact Flash Replaces Hard Drive
- Dual CompactFlash
- No Moving Parts
- Silent Operation
- Low Heat, Low System Parts Count: Very High Reliability
- No Air Filter, No Moving Parts: Very Low Maintenance
- Robust Error Correcting 8 bit ECC 64 bit Data Bus
- Wide Industrial Temperature Operating Range
- IP Optimized
- Integrated GigE Controllers
- Integrated Hardware IP Optimization
- Hardware Encryption Engine 500 Mb/s
- Hardware Optimized Linux Drivers
- Four USB 2.0 Ports with High Speed Capability (up to 480 Mb/s)
- Industrial Strength
- Withstands Harsh Industrial Environments
- Sealed 1U Rack Mount Chassis
- Fluid Resistant
- Redundant Power Supplies
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet 2 copper and 2 fiber-optic connectors
- Environmental Friendly
- Lead Free Construction
- Highest Performance per Watt
- Can save over $2000 per year in energy costs compared to an equivalent Intel Solution
- Built-In Administration, Provisioning and Management
- Built-In Network Management
- Secure Shell (SSH) Management Console
- Local Management via USB Terminal
- Certified Secure Authentication